-->
-->

Gorm island

Helpful information about islands and beaches in Iran like name, introduction, maps, requirements and...

Gorm island

Postby Mehdi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:38 am

Introduction: Gorm island (Persian: گرم)(Also: Om al Gorm, Om al Karm) is a island in the Persian Gulf belonging to Iran. The island is located southeast of Booshehr.

-------------------------------------------------

Distance from shore: About 5 km

Days of trip: (Without air plane) 4-5 Days from Tehran to Tehran (Without heavy traffic you need 20 hr driving from Tehran to Bushehr and then shore, then 1 hr by boat to Gorm island)
Attention: In holidays there is heavy traffic in all roads around Tehran.

Best time to visit: October to May

Daily time visit: No limit

Difficulty level: Easy

Requirements: (Depend on your plan) Guide or GPS track, water, food, warm and waterproof clothes and tent, waterproof shoes, headlamp

Legal permission need: Yes

Overall risk: -

Animal risk: No

Lost risk: No

Rescue: Yes, you can call 115

GSM Mobile Antenna: No

Hotel: No

Village: No

Shop: No

Gasoline: No

How to get there:
1- Go to Baihaghi or sout terminal of buses in Tehran (more info), Also you can use air plane or traine.
2- Take a bus ticket to Bushehr
3- Take a boat to Gorm island

Nearest airport: Bushehr airport

Nearest train station: No station less than 100 km

Location on map:

GPS elevation profile:

Pictures:

More pictures:
Mehdi
Site Admin

Re: Gorm island

Postby genecrunk » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:53 am

Mehdi wrote:

Nice beach!
genecrunk

Postby Cherie Boyce » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:46 am

Its another amazing island is there which name is Gorm and its name is full suited to its beauty many tourist want to search these types of island in which have desert and specially the heritage of the country...
I enjoying when i go indianapolis to nyc in bus with http://www.getbusticket.com/indianapolis-to-new-york.html
I always booked my ticket in advance online.
Cherie Boyce

Postby Barbara J. Stephens » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:31 am

I like this but its not having fun out there because no resort and no peach party arranged there.Its only to see and camping,fishing out there.Its a very beautiful island but not so many resources.its only representing the natural beauty and heritage of Iran.I want to visit it at once when goes to Iran.Its a very peaceful place.
Have you ever been travel to new york knoxville in bus http://www.getbusticket.com/new-york-ny-to-knoxville-tn.html with this bus service?
Barbara J. Stephens

Postby Parvaneh » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:17 am

Barbara J. Stephens wrote:I like this but its not having fun out there because no resort and no peach party arranged there.Its only to see and camping,fishing out there.Its a very beautiful island but not so many resources.its only representing the natural beauty and heritage of Iran.I want to visit it at once when goes to Iran.Its a very peaceful place.

The Gorm Island is a virgin Island and has a beauty landscape. when you are in this island, it seems that you are the owner of the Island!
if you want the silence, quietness and tranquility, this island is a very good Choice for you!
Meanwhile this island has the beautiful birds and has the High Potential for Bird Watching.
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Postby daren » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:27 am

if you want to have inner piece, you want to know youself, Gorm island is the best place to go. Silence is adding charm,grace and glamor to its natural beauty.This island is most important and sensitive habitat for breeding terns species Sterna sp, Crab Plover Dromas ardeola and Western Reef Heron Egretta gularis in the Persian Gulf.
daren

Return to Islands and Beaches of Iran